Last Friday, I spoke to my mother at her home in Freetown, Sierra Leone, to discuss my forthcoming trip. In light of the outbreak of Ebola in the country, should I still come? She thought I should reschedule – the mood in the country was low and people were staying home. Best wait for a better time. What we didn’t discuss was the chance of me catching Ebola, because we both knew the chances were minuscule.
Our conversation may yet be entirely academic because British Airways, on which I am booked to fly, has cancelled all flights until the end of this month and possibly beyond.… Seguir leyendo »