The Op-Ed page asked experts on women’s health to suggest simple measures to improve the wellbeing of mothers around the world.
1) A BIRTH PILL. An inexpensive medicine could save lives.
By Amy Grossman
2) A DOSE OF CARE. Counseling should be an important part of food aid programs.
By Helen Epstein
3) AN EDUCATION. Make going to school affordable.
By Esther Duflo
4) A SAFER LABOR. Provide clinics with the basics to preform Caesarean deliveries.
By L. Lewis Wall
5) A CUSTOM DRUG. Research to better medicate mothers-to-be.
By Ruth Faden, Anne Drapkin Lyerly and Maggie Little